Every product is selected independently by our editors. Things you buy through our links may earn us a little commission. Learn more
The skin of your face is more delicate, more exposed prone, and thinner than other parts. People also look first at your face, speak with you staring at your face. And they become impressed if you have a clean smart face.
A healthy facial expression actually unfastens your inner personality and beauty.
And dehydrated skin can cause two things — either drier or oilier patches.
Both are harmful to your look. Oilier skin later can cause acne, pimples, or blackheads. And dry skin will improve earlier age spots, saggy skin, or dullness.
So, you need a complete face wash that can cut off dirt, impurities, grimes, dead skin cells, excess oils, or pollutants and give you clean, smooth, hydrated, healthy-looking skin.
Here we listed the 10 best face washes and cleansers for men according to their skin types like dry, normal, oily, combination, sensitive, or acne-prone. Keep reading on and find out your favorite one as your skin needs.
I personally use Dove products as their products are more soothing and hydrating and my skin is dry-prone, that’s why; their products also suit me most. If you have dry-prone skin, then you can try Dove Milk Moisturizing Soap (unlike other bars).
Wishing you happy skin!
1. NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Face Wash
Skin Type: Dry, tight, chapped
Nivea men’s face wash prevents tight, dry skin. It deeply cleanses the skin by removing excess oils and dirt. This cleanser moisturizes the skin after cleaning off all impurities. Its provitamin B5 and aloe vera give you healthy, clean, blemish-free skin.
Main Ingredients: Aloe vera, vitamin E, provitamin B5
- Defends skin from dryness
- Effective gel cleanser
- Lightly scented
- Daily usable
- Protects earlier aging signs
- Cheap, knock off product
- May notice parabens
- May not for sensitive skin
2. LUMIN Charcoal Cleanser for Men
Skin Type: Oily, combination, acne
It is a foaming cleanser to unclog pores and cleanse excess oil, pollutions, and dirt. You will get a fresh soft face after every wash. A Korean grooming product for modern men. Suitable for oilier, rougher-textured, thicker, and more acidic skin.
Main Ingredients: Rosemary, charcoal
- Charcoal suctions out dirt from pores
- Prevent breakouts, pimples
- No premature aging
- Effectively removes impurities
- Rosemary is antiseptic & anti-inflammatory to calm down the skin
- May leave skin pale & dry
- May irritate acne or pimples
3. Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate Plus
Skin Type: Dry, sensitive, tight
It is advanced protection for dry, sensitive, red, or dull skin. It effectively cuts off all debris from men’s thicker skin. Its hydrating formula replenishes moisture and makes it perfect to soothe and nourish the skin. You will feel smooth skin with its mild cleansing formula.
Main Ingredients: Made in USA, dermatologist-tested
- Hydrate+ pro-moisture
- Long-lasting hydrated skin
- Perfect for mature skin
- Good for winter
- Gives smooth soft skin instantly
- Tough to rinse off
- May cause rash around the mouth
- May trigger uncomfortable skin (rare case)
4. Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser
Skin Type: Oily to normal
It is ideal for normal to oily skin. It contains glycolic acid, aloe vera, vitamins A, C, and E. This face wash exfoliates dull skin cells and removes excess oils and dirt. It helps maintain the right moisture of the skin. Suitable for daily facial skin cleansing.
Main Ingredients: Chamomile, calendula, vitamin A, C & E, aloe vera, glycolic acid
- For acne-prone, oily skin
- Creamy, non-foaming
- Sulfate-free cleanser
- With 4.2% glycolic acid
- Gently removes pollution & impurities
- Prevents clogged pores, ingrown hairs, & razor bumps
- Tough to get it out when low
- May feel aggressive when used daily
5. RUGGED & DAPPER Daily Power Scrub Facial Cleanser
Skin Type: All complexions
It is an exfoliating cleanser for men to scrub and clean up their skin at a time. It is infused with non-toxic and organic ingredients. It deeply attacks dirt, grimes, and excess oil to eliminate them from pores preventing breakouts and acne. It does not stripe out the natural moisture of the skin.
Main Ingredients: Aloe vera, vitamin C, willow bark, burdock root, jojoba beads, salicylic acid, borage oil
- For sensitive, oily, dry, combination, acne, aging, & teenage
- Plant-based natural exfoliants
- Gets rid of dead skin cells
- Preps a clean shave
- With potent vitamins & minerals
- Regenerates the skin
- Price may deter you
- All-in-one product
6. Tiege Hanley Daily Face Wash for Men
Skin Type: Sensitive, dry
It gently cleans out grime, dirt, and excess oils with a feel of cleansed and refreshed skin. Use it for dry, sensitive, oily, combination, or normal skin. A large bottle for legendary men. Keep it one for shower in your bathroom, counter, or locker room.
Main Ingredients: Eucalyptus, cucumber extract, salix alba bark extract, lavandula oil, eucalyptus oil
- Reduces redness & inflammation
- Won’t dry out the skin
- Premium ingredients
- May not be good for oily, acne, or combination skin (though touted)
7. Clinique for Men Oil Control Face Wash
Skin Type: Combination, acne, oily
It is a specialized cleanser for greasy skin with a gentle cleansing formula, also excellent for normal skin. It leaves the skin feeling never tight, oily, or dry, just get a comfortable fresh matte look. My TEENAGE brother likes it much!
Main Ingredients: Aloe vera, tea extract
- Allergy tested & fragrance-free
- Preps for a comfortable shave
- Prevents breakouts, blemishes, spots
- Heals terrible cystic acne
- Removes overproduction of oils
- Provides clean skin without chapping out
- Get results in just a few weeks
- Some users complained about oily skin
- May irritate the skin
8. L’OREAL PARIS Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Cleanser
Skin Type: Oily, dry, sensitive to normal
It is blended with charcoal for daily face washing. An ideal item for men to be face wash, beard, and skincare. It clears up grimes, pores, impurities, and excess oils. This facial cleanser captures dirt and unclogs pores leaving the skin feeling a healthy look.
Main Ingredients: Peppermint leaf extract, charcoal, salicylic acid
- Acts as a magnet to draw out grimes
- Also moisturizes your skin
- Helps fight aging lines
- Cares for beard line for smooth shaving
- Works against post-shave irritation
- Inconvenience to use
- The smell may trigger you
- Inconsistent product
9. Bioré Men’s Charcoal Face Wash
Skin Type: Shiny, blemish, combination
It gives you deep clean refreshed skin and pores. It is formulated with natural activated charcoal. This is an innovative, dermatologist-tested, oil-free, black daily facial foam cleanser to purify pores, rinse clean, and then leave the skin feeling tingly smooth.
Main Ingredients: Natural activated charcoal
- Trap deep-down impurities
- 2x cleaner skin
- Developed with skin purifying technology
- 2x clean pores just after one use
- Doesn’t over-dry skin
- Vegan, no cruelty or paraben
- Daily usable
- Ideal for oils, acne, shiny, or combination skin
- May not clean pores as said
- Just takes off dirt
- Won’t remove blackheads
10. Neutrogena Men’s Invigorating Face Wash
Skin Type: Mature, aging, dry
It is a daily usable foaming gel cleanser to energize and refresh the skin. Oil-free cleansing ability to help smooth out the skin. Clinically proven and dermatologist-tested. It cleans deep down to pores without over-drying the skin.
Main Ingredients: Menthol, citric acid
- Improves overall facial skin
- Awakens real skin
- Cooling menthol lather soothes you
- Safe for daily use
- Removes excess oil & dirt
- Refreshes without over-drying
- Average result
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
- May burn the skin